Monday, January 31, 2011

Buffalo Chicken Dip


This past Sunday, we had a work meeting at which everyone brought a munchies dish. A munchies dish is something that you take some of, then go back and visit it so often and or such a long period of time that you never actually need lunch or dinner that day. Like the ever-popular meatballs & wienies, Buffalo Chicken Dip is one that, once you've tried it, is a must-have munchies dish.


I totally thought I'd made this up, by the way. I thought I was some culinary genius who had revolutionized the way we would all eat wings! I was wrong. Turns out the recipe originated in the Frank's Red Hot kitchens. I guess I can concede to Frank's.


Ingredients:

2 cups cooked shredded chicken (I used canned; you can't tell)

1/2 c. wing sauce (I prefer Hooter's)

1 c. ranch dressing, or bleu cheese if you prefer

2 8 oz. pkgs. cream cheese, softened

8 oz. cheddar cheese


Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Stir together softened cream cheese and dressing. It works really well with a hand mixer, but if your cream cheese is soft enough, you can definitely get away with using a firm spoon. Spread evenly in 13x9 glass dish. Meanwhile put chicken in small skillet with wing sauce and let simmer on low so it can soak up the flavor. Once it's all simmery and yummy-smelling, spread over cream cheese mixture. Bake for about 15 minutes, then sprinkle cheese over the top and bake until cheese is melted. I prefer to enjoy it with Fritos Scoops, but it's also good with Tostitos Scoops or celery!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment